Parad Shiva Linga is considered to be the most auspicious form of Shiva Linga. It is made of Mercury or Parad and silver.
Parad Shiva Linga
A Shiva Linga is the purest and divine form of the Lord Shiva. A Shiva Linga is divided into three parts, the bottom(four sided) which remains underground, the middle part (eight sided) resting on a pedestal and the top portion(round shaped) which is actually worshiped. These three portions of the Shiva Linga represent the Lord Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh. The Shiva Liga depicts both the ‘Creator’ and the ‘Destroyer’ energy of the Lord Shiva. The word ‘Linga’ in sanskrit means ‘sign or symbol or a mark’. Its shape is like an egg and it depicts the ‘Brahamand’ or the ‘cosmic egg’. The Yoni or the base of the Shiva linga is called ‘Peetham’ and a coiled ‘nag’ around it represents ‘Kundalini’ Shakti or the mother goddess. Shiva Linga is hence a divine combination of Lord Shiva and Shakti the goddess.
Parad Shiva Linga is considered to be the most auspicious form of Shiva Linga. It is made of Mercury or Parad and silver. Mercury is mixed with silver to make the Parad shiva linga. According to the Vedas, Parad is regarded as very pure metal of very high religious importance. It is believed that the worship of a Parad Shiva linga is equivalent to worshiping the 12 ‘Jyotirlinga’ or equal to worshipping 108 shiva lingas together.
Who should worship Parad Shiva Linga?
1. People who are suffering with vastu dosh are recommended to keep Parad shiva Linga at home and worship regularly.
2. People who are having problems in family life or having constrained relations among the couples.
3. People suffering from heart ailments.
4. People having depressive feelings or anxiety.
5. Parad Shiva Linga enhances the memorising power and hence students or elders who want to attain knowledge or study should worship Parad Shiva Linga.
Benefits of keeping a Parad Shiva Linga at home and worshipping?
1. Keeping a Parad Shiva Linga at home brings good luck, prosperity, happiness and harmony in the family.
2. Worshipping Parad Shiva Linga every day brings blessings of the goddess Laxmi and bestows wealth on the worshippers.
3. It shields the worshipper from evil and diseases.
4. It brings relief in depressive feelings, lowliness, and mental instability.
5. Worshippers can get rid of his/her ill doings and sins by regular and dedicated worship of Parad Shiva Linga.
6. As per Brahma Purana Worship of Parad Shiva Linga can lead a person to attain salvation.
How to worship Parad Shiva Linga?
1. Place the Parad Shiva Linga in such a way that the Yoni faces North or East direction.
2. Offer ‘chandan’(sandal wood powder), ‘belpatra’(leaf of Bel) and pour cow milk or water on the Shiva Linga daily in the morning.
3. In the evening light ‘dhoop’ (incense stick) and offer flowers only and do not pour water or milk.
4. All the water or milk poured and all the offerings must not be thrown away anywhere except in flowing rivers or sea.
5. Offer ‘prasad’ or fresh fruits.
6. Offer coconut but not coconut water.