Sphatik is a type of rock which is the most auspicious gem in the world. According to mythology, Lord Ram and Laxman sat on this rock (sphatik) during their exile.
Sphatik shivling is the most auspicious form of Shivling and praying to it is considered to be worshiping lord shiva directly. Sphatik is a type of rock which is the most auspicious gem in the world. According to mythology, Lord Ram and Laxman sat on this rock (sphatik) during their exile.
Nowadays people use this gemstone as a healer because it is a good conductor of heat. There are many different varieties of sphatika. High quality quartz crystals are single-crystal silica with optical or electronic properties.
According to Shiv Purana, Lord Shiva appeared in front of his devotees in the form of a Jyoti or light which came to be known as Jyotirling. The Sphatik or Crystal Shivling is a symbol of radiant white light energy and hence a home of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati (Shakti). Worshipping this shivling is equal to worshipping Jyotirlingas.
Who should worship Sphatik Shivling?
There is no restriction in worshipping the Sphatik Shivling. It is considered as the purest form of Shivling and can be worshipped by everyone. However, women should avoid it during the menstrual cycle. Spatika Shiva lingam gives tremendous concentration and is better for students, businessmen and people who need to achieve goals.
Benefits of worshipping the Sphatik shivling?
Worshiping sphatika shivling with water or milk will eliminate all negative energies present in the once body. Sudden accidents and severe illness will be eliminated and desires will be fulfilled when sphatika shivling is worshiped with Maha Mrutyumjaya mantra. Worshipping this shivling fulfills all wishes and desires of a person. It will give brilliance, fame, honour, all enjoyments. Goddess Laxmi would always reside in the house of the worshipper. It boosts the confidence of the person. It removes all the negative energies from the house where this shivling is kept and being worshipped.
How to worship Sphatik Shivling?
1. Place the Parad Shiva Linga in such a way that the Yoni faces North or East direction.
2. Offer ‘chandan’(sandal wood powder), ‘belpatra’(leaf of Bel) and pour cow milk or water on the Shiva Linga daily in the morning.
3. In the evening light ‘dhoop’ (incense stick) and offer flowers only and do not pour water or milk.
4. All the water or milk poured and all the offerings must not be thrown away anywhere except in flowing rivers or sea.
5. Offer ‘prasad’ or fresh fruits.
6. Offer coconut but not coconut water.
Sphatik shivling price ranges between 150/- to 1200/- per 100gms
1. What is the importance of Sphatik ?
Sphatik is considered to be the purest form of rock and it has the power to retain the energies accrued due to worshipping and chanting.
2. What is the significance of worshipping this shivling?
The vibrations present in the sphatik Shivling are very high and they nullify all the negative effects of all planets.
3. Is Pran pratishtha needed for Sphatik Shivling?
No it is not required.